Understanding what your prospective customers and clients want to see on your website is the absolute foundation of SEO, especially with keyword research. Discovering what they want to know is imperative if you want to grow the strength of your website, and also ensure it’s user-friendly.
But, how to start? Depending on how large your website is, the task might be daunting. Below are the top three things you should start with, if you want your SEO dreams to come true.
1. Figure out your IDEAL CLIENT. Let me repeat. YOUR IDEAL CLIENT! They are the client you’re siked to see each time you meet, and have the three major qualifiers: Time, Energy, and Money. Figuring out who YOU want to work with is the most important step. Do not pass go until you do this!
2. Get friendly with Excel. Excel (or Google Sheets, but Excel is better) is going to be your best friend here.
- CLICK HERE for a few examples, and a killer article by Moz on how to build your dream SEO spreadsheet.
3. Keyword Research tools are a dime a dozen, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t invaluable. They can help you understand search traffic, volume, and quality of keywords. Below are my faves!
- Google Ads keyword tool — No brainer.
- Keywords Everywhere — This Chrome browser extension will help you get creative when you’re browsing the internet.
- Moz, Ahrefs, and SEMrush — Looking to spend some dough? Start here.
Your goal is to make your website stronger and to clarify what you do to Google, who will then show the real, live humans searching for a business like yours, your website. It’s a long and complicated process these days, and you can do it with the right focus.
Interested in NOT doing it yourself? Give yours truly a ring!